Here’s what’s happening around the Triangle and Triad to celebrate Independence Day!
- The Town of Apex is holding a Drive-Through Red, White and Blue Car Processional on Saturday, July 3rd, 2021, at 10 a.m. The event will start with a flag raising. If you want to drive in the processional you need to sign up, because there’s limited space for car staging. However, everyone is welcome to come downtown and watch.
- The Town of Cary is presenting an Independence Day Celebration on Sunday, July 4th, 2021, at Koka Booth Amphitheatre. It will feature the Cary Town Band, the NC Symphony, and Fireworks. General admission is free, but tables are available, for a ticket price, available June 4th at 12 p.m.
- Fuquay-Varina is holding its Independence Day celebration on Saturday, July 3rd, 2021, at South Park, 900 S. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina. The gates open at 6 p.m., and Spare Change will be providing the live music, starting at 6:30 p.m. The fireworks show will start around 9:15 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair. Coolers are allowed, but not alcohol. Food vendors will be on site.
- Garner’s Independence Day Celebration Saturday, July 3rd, 2021 Lake Benson Park, 921 Buffaloe Road, Garner Free The festivities will include a performance by the North Carolina Symphony and fireworks.
- Holly Springs July 5th Celebration Monday, July 5th, 2021 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Jefferson L. Sugg Farm at Bass Lake Park, 2401 Grigsby Avenue, Holly Springs Free Holly Springs annual “day after 4th of July celebration” is back for 2021. The fireworks will start at 9:15 p.m.
- 4th of July Laser Light Show Saturday, July 3rd, and Sunday, July 4th, 2021 9 p.m. Durham County Memorial Stadium, 750 Stadium Drive, Durham Free, but you need to reserve your ticket in advanceWatch this patriotic laser light show from your car or from your chair in front of your car. The free tickets can be reserved starting Monday, June 7th, at 9 a.m. Children’s Independence Day Parade Sunday, July 4th, 2021 9:30 a.m. Durham Central Park, 501 Foster Street, Durham Free Bring the kids to the pavilion at 9:30 a.m. Kids can decorate their bikes, trikes, wagons and scooters with items from the Scrap Exchange. The parade starts at 10:30 a.m. Fireworks after Durham Bulls Game Sunday, July 4th, 2021 There will be fireworks after the Durham Bulls game on July 4th. When tickets go on sale you’ll be able to find them here. Festival for the Eno This annual festival at West Point on the Eno will return for 4th of July weekend, 2021. It will take place July 3rd and 4th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Adult one-day tickets are $25.
- The City of Raleigh will launch a 4th of July fireworks show on Sunday, July 4th, 2021, at 9:30 pm. It will take place near the Carter-Finley Stadium and PNC Arena Complex.
- Parking is free in the PNC Arena lots, North Carolina State Fairgrounds Bunn Field lots along Trinity Road, and Carter-Finley Stadium lots. The parking lots gates will open at 6 p.m.
- There won’t be any other programming, or food or vendors.
- Selma’s all-American Festival with Fireworks Friday, July 2nd, 2021, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Blackstone Plaza, 115 Meghan Circle, Selma Free
- This festival features live music from the Fantasy Band, free children’s activities, free watermelon slices, and fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
- The Town of Wake Forest is presenting a fireworks show on Saturday, July 3rd, 2021, at Heritage High School, 1150 Forestville Road, Wake Forest. Gates will open at 7:30 p.m., and the show will start at 9:30 p.m. The Children’s Parade and Art in the Park will take place on Sunday, July 4th.